Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance is a form of liability coverage that protects your business from claims of professional negligence. Considering the fact that these cases can be lengthy, the potential cost to the business can sometimes be catastrophic.
Even suits with no merit that are filed can damage your business if you’re not protected. At Chacon Insurance Services, we don’t leave you to fend for yourself. We’ll help you evaluate your E & O protection on an ongoing basis to make sure you have the right policy at the right price for your particular business needs.
What is Covered?
- Alleged or actual negligence–provides coverage for you or your company against alleged claims of negligent or inadequate work.
- Defense costs–provides legal defense and coverage for judgments and settlements to arise out of such allegation.
- Services performed in the past–can also offer coverage for claims from services provided in the past (depending on your coverage).
Do I need it?
You should consider this coverage if you answer yes to one or some of these questions:
- Do you provide services for a fee?
- Do you regularly give advice?
- Are you required by your clients to carry E&O?
Whether you’re prone to making mistakes or not, let’s face it: We live in an age of lawsuits. You could be sued for something completely not your fault, yet be stuck paying thousands of dollars defending yourself in a lawsuit anyway.
Depending on your industry, your insurance needs will vary.